17 Months Old!
Oh where, oh where did our baby Bryce go?
Bryce is seventeen months old. I’m still keeping track of months for these blog posts, but otherwise I now think of his age as “about a year and a half” – the months no longer feel relevant. I used to laugh when I would ask someone how old is their child and they would reply in months. It must be one of those things that only parents understand.
This month has been a continuation of the previous month. This past month Bryce has definitely discovered his love of words. He is learning new words, although they all still tend to sound almost identical. I used to think that when parents say “We understand him” about their babies’ nonstop babbling, it was just wishful thinking, but it really works like that. I know that their are times when no one else could possibly understand Bryce's words, and even though we also have difficulty at times, we do generally understand what he means. Honestly, for the most part, he is really good. I do not keep track of all of his words that he says. For the most part, he is a repeater. He says almost everything. The best is when you ask him a question and he either responds "I dono" or says no meaning yes, or the best when he really means no he also shacks his head to the point he is going to hurt himself.
Ball is his overall favorite word. It is kind of ironic since it is March Madness. All Bryce wants to do is either watch or play bball. It has to be in his blood. We really don't know why he is obsessed with the sport. This morning (Monday) he was pointing to the TV and saying ball. Well, there was NO ball on TV even on sport center. Bryce likes to play catch. He throws us the ball, at times we duck and cover because we don't know where it is going to end up. We tell Bryce to put out his hands and he then he catches the ball. I'm shocked that he can do this! I have high school students that can't even catch a ball. Jamie and Bryce were down stairs in the play room shooting hoops and Bryce missed about six in a row, Bryce threw him self to the ground and had a tantrum. GREAT!!!! Look what we have to look forward to.
He has an interest in dogs but they can be scary too. They’re best viewed from a distance or behind closed doors. When they get too close, he gets scared, turns away and says, "NO, NO, NO"
He is also understanding more and more how things work, how the world works. He likes to help put his socks and shoes on. "He thinks it is a game when I can't get the sock out of his hand." "He laughs, and laughs, and laughs". He loves to play with zippers, especially when Jamie and I wear our jackets around him. Not to mention those hoodies, he always pulls on the strings. He helps clean up when we ask him. Its priceless to watch him pick up his o's when he spills them. He first says Oh, Oh. and then starts picking them up and placing them back into the bowl. If they don't make it into the bowl, it goes right in his mouth. He likes to brush my teeth while I brush his, and to try and but lids on boxes. He is also starting to figure out his shapes box. The cutest thing, the other day he got so mad that he had a fit. (I don't know if I should use the word cute.) Anyway, it was funny. He gets so frustrated when he can't figure things out or if they don't work the way he wants them to.
When we tell him “No” he throws a BIG fit. (Terrible two's are starting too soon)
He can point at different objects in a book when asked, and will say the names of things when pointed to. The best is when he points at people or their pictures when asked, "where is so and so".
Fruit is still his favorite food, followed by o's and the new Ritz pretzel crackers. Other things are more unpredictable. Some things he devours every single time (turkey dogs and pizza), others he rejects completely (green beans and meat). I have been trying to see a pattern there but I have not figured it out. Perhaps there is none. Whatever the food, though, it needs to be finger food, or possibly fork food. He will NOT let me feed him or help him. However, he does really well with the spoon and fork. He's much better with a spoon, but he generally prefers to use his hands.
Running and climbing are as much fun as ever, as is jumping down from things. He enjoys to jump from things, even if it is only and inch off the ground. Today I caught him piling up his books and jumping from them. In my head I wanted him to stop but I also wanted him to explore. What does a mom do??? Jamie found him on top of our kitchen table the other day. What does dad do???
Dancing is another activity that he enjoys to do and it brings a smile to our faces. This boy loves to move his body. It does not have to be an actual song.....it can vary from a mini song from a commercial or a ring tone from a cell phone or any other tune that has some music. His favorite time to dance is when mom and dad are watching American Idol and Dancing with the Stars. It is way too cute!
Sorry for the long.................................... blog.
+bw+color.jpg)
Bryce did feel a little green that day and mom received a shower from Bryce.

.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


.jpg)
.jpg)

2 Comments:
Thanks for a great update! He sure looks so active. The pictures are so nice to see, since we have not seen him in person since the xmas.
9:16 PM
I love the way that you put it, "He was feeling green and mom received a shower." Oh, the fun of being a mom!
Well, give him a big squeeze from all of us!
-Jayme, Cory and Scout
11:38 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home